Friday 15 August 2014

The Liebster Award


This is actually the second time I have been nominated for this award but I deleted the original post when I restarted my blog earlier this year. I was really happy to be nominated again, this time by the lovely Hera from Hello Hera.

The rules this time round seem to differ slightly to the original one I was tagged in but I will adhere to the rules stated in Hera’s post. 

So here are the rules:
1) Post the award on your blog
2) Thank the blogger who awarded you and provide a link to their blog
3) Write 11 random facts about yourself
4) Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
5) Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who presented you with the award
6) Ask 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.

It all seems very focussed on the number 11! So let’s get started.

11 Random Facts About Me
1) I used to be left handed before I was hospitalised with pneumonia when I was two years old, the doctors assumed I preferred my right hand and placed the splint and drip on my left hand. I had to learn to use my right hand for everything during my stay and now I am right handed. Weird!

2) Following my recent holiday to Greece (June 2014, photo’s here) I seem to have caught the travel bug and after never having flown before, I now want to fly everywhere and visit everywhere!


3) I study Film Production Technology and Staffordshire University and I think I regret this decision a lot. Not the decision to go to university, just the decision of which course to study. Choose wisely!

4) I rarely wear make-up (except mascara, eye liner and lipstick on a night out) and I desperately want to change this. I just need someone to help me pick products and shades that suit me, and then show me how to apply it!

5) I am the second child of 4 children and would say I am the most spoilt, not by my parents necessarily but by everyone in my life. I’m not complaining though!


6) I am allergic to cats but I wouldn’t like them anyway even if I wasn’t. I am not an animal lover at all. Except for one special little bug in my life, my hamster (I think there’s a question about pets below so more on him later).

7) I once scored 100% on an essay I wrote the night before the deadline and thought for sure I’d failed.

8) I am far better at written assignments than practical ones which is why the third year of my degree scares me as, although there is a lot of writing involved, there is a LOT of practical work to go with it which I am just no good at.

9) I am still quite new to the blogging world and would love some blogging friends in my area! I live in Stafford, Staffordshire so anyone from around there send me a tweet!

10) I have recently become obsessed with youtube and spend most of the day watching vlogs, hauls and my favourites get ready with me videos!

11) (This writing facts about myself is really hard…) I have naturally ginger hair but much prefer it when it’s dyed purple. However, I have had to stop dying my hair in an effort to grow it to a much longer length. It’s a very slow process!

That was very tough! All my facts are quite long winded too, sorry guys! Now onto the questions Hera asked.

Hera's Questions 
What was the last thing you ate? – the last thing I ate was a homemade cupcake I made yesterday. My boyfriend brought it up to me whilst I was having a lie down due to a migraine, the little cutie.

Long nails or short nails? – I love the look of long nails more so than short but every time my nails grow long the snap off at work. I would say middle length nails are best though!

What time is it right now? – The time is 00.56am Friday 15th August (although by the time this goes live it will be a very different time altogether!)

When was the last time you went on holiday and where? – Ooo I didn’t realise this would be a question! The last time I went on holiday was June 22d 2014 when I went to Thassos, Greece for two weeks and spent my 21st birthday there too. Just my luck to spend my birthday in a country that doesn’t celebrate birthday’s though.

Favourite Disney film? – Has to be Cinderella doesn’t it! I used to watch it every single day when I was younger, and also played one of the ugly sisters in an assembly in primary school.

Any pets? – Yes! Just the one, my lovely little Russian Dwarf Hamster Humbug! I love him so much, he’s just the cutest!


How long have you been blogging for? – Well, I have been blogging in total for over a year now but I recently decided my nail blog just wasn’t enough to fill my interests so I deleted everything and started again with the blog I’m writing now. I feel so much happier now that I am not contained to just one niche and I am able to write all the things I want to.

How long was your longest break from blogging? Hours? Days? Etc. – My longest break has to be a few months as I was stuck with where I wanted my blog to go. I didn’t want to start a new blog and lose interest again if it didn’t work out how I wanted so I took a few months to sort out where I wanted it to go before starting up again.

What colour is your hair? – Natural redhead.

Favourite scent/smell? – Ooo, this is a tough one! My Flirty Alice perfume is one of my favourite smells but then my boyfriend’s Hugo Boss aftershave is pretty nice too! And the smell of Christmas, the wrapping paper, new things, food. I think its Christmas. Christmas is my favourite smell!

Your biggest achievement? – That’s a tough one! I really don’t know this one at all. Nothing is coming to my mind as something I have achieved but I’m sure there’s lots of things! I can’t answer this one, sorry!

My questions to those I am about to nominate are:
1) How long have you been blogging?
2) Who was your inspiration for starting a blog/what was the reason you started blogging?
3) Where in the world would you most like to visit?
4) Do you have any pets?
5) What is your favourite colour?
6) What was your most favourite blog post you have ever written?
7) (This one isn't really a question but I thought I would stick it in anyway) Check out my Favourite Memories for Alzheimers post and write one of your own!
8) How many siblings do you have?
9) Do your friends and family know about your blog?
10) If you could guest post on any blog, which would it be and why?
11) What is your favourite food?

These were all very random questions but just go with it! Next up are my nominees. I haven’t actually got 11 people to nominate, I have 4 so if you want to take part then go ahead and say I nominated you!

4 comments:

  1. Thank-You for the nomination and I'm fairly new to the blogging world too! We could be friends and collab sometime :)
    Shirog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fab! I'm deffo up for that :D xxx

      Delete
  2. aww! love the hamster! and i did not know greece doesn't celebrate birthdays omg. and i know exactly what you mean by a tight niche, there's some weeks where i'm all about nails, then hair and these days i'm all about make up. lol. Good luck with your blog honey -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's such a lovely little thing. I didn't know until I got there and people were giving my '21 Today' badge funny looks, trust me to go there haha! Thank you, you too! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I will try my best to reply to every one! Don't leave irrelevant links though. Comments containing irrelevant links will be deleted.