Monday 14 December 2015

Homemade Chocolate Truffles // BLOGMAS DAY FOURTEEN






Today I thought I would share with you all a really easy recipe to make chocolate truffles. Now I don't know about you but chocolate anything this time of year sounds really good to me. These only have 2 ingredients and are so cheap to buy. I just used Asda's own double cream and smart price dark chocolate and I think in total it cost less than £2. Next time I make these I'm going to use white chocolate or a chocolate orange!

All you need is 200ml double cream and 200g chocolate (I used dark but you can use any). You will also need something to cover the truffles in. I used icing sugar but you could use grated chocolate or desiccated coconut, it is completely up to you. To make these truffles just follow the instructions below.

1) Break 200g of chocolate into a large mixing bowl and put to one side.
2) Pour 200ml of double cream into a pan and heat until the cream just about boils.
3) Take the cream off the heat and pour onto chocolate.
4) Mix until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is combined and smooth.
5) Put the mixture in the fridge for 2 hours or until solid.
6) Grate your chocolate/gather coconut/icing sugar and place into a smaller bowl.
7) Remove mixture from fridge and use a teaspoon to spoon out a small amount of the chocolate, roll this into a ball between your fingers and roll in your icing sugar/topping. (This is quite messy so be prepared to have your hands covered in chocolate).
8) Place finished truffle onto a plate.
9) Repeat until all the mixture is used and return to the fridge to harden.

These should last 3 days in the fridge or up to one month in the freezer. These are perfect to give out as gifts or have on a plate as a snack at a party. I can see myself making these many more times this festive season as they are so simple to do!

Have you ever made truffles? Do you have any other quick and easy festive baking recipes I should know about? Let me know in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try my best to reply to every one! Don't leave irrelevant links though. Comments containing irrelevant links will be deleted.