Tuesday 1 December 2015

Top 5 Christmas Films // BLOGMAS DAY ONE

If you know a better way to get into the Christmas spirit than Christmas films, let me know! Like I mentioned in my previous post I love this time of year, it just feels so magical and fun! I love buying presents for people and seeing their faces when they open them and I love that everyone has at least one set of fairy lights in their homes! I just love it. With that in mind I have created a list of my Top 5 Christmas Films although they aren't in any particular order.


1) Elf - it just has to be Elf. I've already watched this once whilst I was decorating my tree and I had forgotten how much I loved it. I think I'll probably watch it at least one more time before Christmas is over!

2) The Greatest Store in the World - This is one of my all time favourite films and I have watched it more times than I can count. I got the book given to me when I was 7 and it was the first book without pictures I read (I still have the copy on my bookshelf now 15 years later). It is 314 pages long and I loved it from start to finish. This film will always be special to me, I just love it!

3) Nativity! - This is a favourite in my family, especially my Mum. This is probably one of the films we will watch as a family on Christmas Eve. Also Martin Freeman is a great addition to anything so what's not to love?!

4) Miracle on 34th Street - This has been one of my favourites for as long as I can remember and I'm positive the reason I watched it for the first time was 'because Matilda is in it'. My Mum loves this one too, every year she says 'Rebecca believes' at some point over the festive period, for some reason that part really tickles her.  


5) How The Grinch Stole Christmas - Now this list wouldn't be complete if the Grinch didn't feature in it somewhere! I normally can't stand Jim Carrey but I don't think anyone else would do any where near as good a job at playing the Grinch as he did! My first memory of knowing about this film is when brother and my Mum went to see it at the cinema when it first came out and I wasn't allowed to go. However once we bought the DVD and I was allowed to watch it I just loved it! Dr Suess is a big hit in my house!

I could have gone on forever with this list as I forgot how many great Christmas films there are! Are any of the ones I mentioned your favourite? What five film would you put in your list? Let me know in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try my best to reply to every one! Don't leave irrelevant links though. Comments containing irrelevant links will be deleted.